Dr Nicholas Ngui
About Dr Nicholas Ngui
Dr Nicholas Ngui provides the following services:
- Multidisciplinary breast cancer management. Advanced Oncoplastic/reconstructive breast cancer surgery e.g. mammoplasty, implant based reconstruction, mastopexy.
- Endocrine surgery (Thyroid & parathyroid surgery)
- Breast reduction surgery (if you are in a private health fund with private hospital cover)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Elective and emergency general surgery
- Benign breast disease management
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery (e.g. Hernias, Gallstones)
- Workcover surgery for Hernias
- Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand (BreastSurgANZ)
- Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons (ANZES)
- Surgical Oncology Section, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Dr Nicholas Ngui operates and consults at the following hospitals:
- Sydney Adventist Hospital (San Hospital)
- Norwest Private Hospital
- Blacktown and Mt Druitt Hospitals
- Clinical Senior Lecturer in Surgery, The University of Sydney
Publications in international peer reviewed journals:
- Click here for publications: ORCiD
Dr Nicholas Ngui is a Senior specialist surgeon who is appointed as a consultant at Sydney Adventist (San Hospital), Norwest Private, Mt Druitt and Blacktown Hospitals in Sydney. He grew up in Sydney and went to James Ruse Agricultural High School and was awarded the Australian Students Prize for excellence. He did his medical degree at The University of New South Wales, and graduated with Honours in 2003. He did his post-graduate General Surgery training through Westmead Hospital, Nepean Hospital, Blacktown & Mt Druitt Hospitals and The Canberra Hospital, where he obtained breast, thyroid and skin cancer surgery training. He completed training in 2011 where he was awarded Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He then underwent further BreastSurgANZ post-fellowship training and research in breast surgery focusing on Breast Cancer multidisciplinary management as well as oncoplastic breast surgery through the Westmead Breast Cancer institute, Sydney. He has been in consultant practice since 2013. Dr Ngui is a full member of Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons.
Apart from his clinical expertise, Dr Ngui is heavily involved in the education of junior doctors and medical students. Dr Ngui is involved in training medical students and surgical doctors at Mt Druitt/Blacktown Hospitals where he is a senior staff specialist and Hospital surgical supervisor of training. He is active with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons as a surgical skills teacher and a senior trauma instructor. He is a clinical Senior Lecturer at The University of Sydney. His research interests include various aspects of breast cancer and thyroid surgery. He is an active clinical researcher with a growing list of publications in peer reviewed journals and conference presentations.
Dr Ngui attends at least one cancer multidisciplinary meeting (MDT) each week with other health specialists, that discusses the care and management of cancer patients to ensure that the most up to date and evidence based treatment is provided. He works in direct collaboration with breast care nurses to help support all patients diagnosed with breast cancer. He works in collaboration with endocrinologists in managing thyroid conditions. He remains passionate and committed in providing services in general surgery, breast surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Outside medicine, Nicholas is a dedicated husband with three young boys and enjoys spending time with them.